Greg Parks/Managing Editor/The Daily Jeffersonian
Grants have been awarded by the Cambridge Alumni and Friends Educational Fund to a variety of classroom projects in city schools designed to promote academic excellence and enhance the educational experience for all students.
The Cambridge Alumni and Friends Educational Fund is part of the Guernsey County Foundation’s family of funds. The Foundation is a component fund of the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio.
An example of the Alumni and Friends Educational Fund’s commitment to the enrichment of the overall educational experience was last year’s sponsorship of the exciting COSI On Wheels assemblies for all local elementary school students. Kids who participated are still talking about this high-energy program.
This year’s grants totaled $1,988 and were awarded as follows:
* North Elementary — Teacher Chris Cowgill, project “Augmentative Alternative Communication”
* South Elementary — Teacher Lynne Eichel, project “Book Bandits”
* North Elementary — Teacher Beth Wojciechowski, project “SMART Slates”
* Middle School — Teacher Angela Hannon, project “Ohio Energy Project Scrapbook”
* North Elementary — Teacher Bard McDonald, project “Multiple Disability Class”
The endowment for the Cambridge Alumni and Friends Educational Fund continues to grow and the year-end goal is $100,000.
Committee members are Dave Bennett, Bill Cowgill, Tom Green, Rick Lilienthal, Kathy Milligan, Dee Schick, Maribeth Wright, Dave Caldwell, Tim Evancho, Donna Gander, John Mark Nicholson, Debbie Mosser and Ed Wright.
For additional information about the fund, call Dave Bennett (439-2719), Maribeth Wright (432-2691) or email Dee Schick at email@example.com
Or go to www.cambridge.k12.oh.us (look for the open book.)
Related information also is available at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio website: www.appalachianohio.org